Let Me Introduce: Madeira

Posted by Etaoin on 6/24/2011 02:49:00 PM


Hailing from across the United States, but stationed in Florida, Madeira is a small un-signed rock band that deserves to be more widely known. Because they seem to only be touring locally, and I live in New York, I had to find them out on Purevolume's Top Unsigned Bands, months ago. They should've place #1. 

Since hearing them, even though they only have a hand-full of songs and not a lot of press, they quickly became one of my favorite bands, and a staple on my "25 most played" on my Ipod. Not an easy task...if you're not Jonny Craig.

Anyway, their lyrics are usually above average and express what I love about this band. "I've been waiting for so long for someone to sing a new song. We're trying to silence the sound of repition instead of borrowing the noises made by false ambition." And they succeed. Though, one of the singers sounds like Brendon Urie (Panic! At The Disco), their sound is all their own.

Basically, they have great instrumentals matched with great vocals. I can't wait to hear more, especially in a full CD format.

They have a great future ahead of them if they keep being as good as they currently are. I'm not entirely sure why they haven't been signed; I would've signed them in a heartbeat.

And they've seemed to have gone through some line-up changes, but I'm not entirely sure. So, don't quote me.

Alright, so they don't have many videos on youtube, but its ok because one of their bests is on there:

Stay with Me

EDIT- I just found another video:

Good Evening, London

So, there may be more videos and what nots on youtube, and I'm just oblivious.

If you're interested in hearing more, 5/6 of their songs are available for free: Madeira on PureVolume. The 6th song ("Enemies") is available for dowload via iTunes. And like them on facebook: Madeira on Facebook.They could use as much support as they can get at this point.

"Good Evening, London" is probably my favorite track, but they are all solid. You won't be disappointed.

p.s. They are generally hard to find in a search unless you know that you are looking for them.

Keep an eye out for them in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site