Let Me Introduce: Childish Gambino

Posted by Hunter on 6/21/2011 12:55:00 PM


Childish Gambino is rapper straight out of Comp-Edwards Air Force Base, California. You may also know Gambino as Donald Glover who plays Troy Barnes on Community. Yeah, he raps. Much like Driftless Pony Club, Gambino came to Dallas and I missed him, but that was before I knew who he was. I only recently got into his music and I must say, I'm not disappointed with it at all. Donald, not related to Danny Glover, is just a mastermind. He makes sick beats and lays down killer verses, then on Community he is just plain funny. Hell, he even wrote for 30 Rock for about 2 years and he is only 27, there is a future for Childish Gambino and it is a bright one. Now, I'm going to share with you, some of my personal favorite songs from Gambino, these will be the ones that got me hooked into it, and may get you hooked into it. Also, this "Let Me Introduce" will most likely become a series of me showcasing Indie talent, while Gambino may be known to quite a lot, I don't think he gets as much credit as he should. I should mention that all of these Childish Gambino tracks are NSFW, mainly because he curses like a sailor.

So let's start off with the first track that I just replayed over and over again.


I have no idea what "My hoodie on glow," means, but it is awesome. This next one is another great one that I recently got addicted to, check it out...


And here is a sample of another upcoming star...


And finally..


Here is a little bonus, I'll usually just do four, but I really like Gambino.


Hope you guys enjoy these sick beats and check out all of the "Let Me Introduce" series that is soon to come. Peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  • RSS
  • Delicious
  • Digg
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Linkedin

Search Site